Give the Gift of Your Time
Volunteering has long been a point of pride for many and there are a variety of opportunities at Centegra Health System now part of Northwestern Medicine. All departments and programs benefit from the work of volunteers because our volunteers are motivated people and they truly make a difference to our patients, visitors and staff.
Ways to Volunteer
Perhaps you are thinking of becoming a volunteer, but are not sure if it is right for you.
Do you like to meet new people or learn new activities? Do you have a special talent or experience that might benefit others? Maybe you are simply interested because you like to live an active life? Whatever your personal reasons may be, becoming a Northwestern Medicine Volunteer is rewarding and enjoyable.
How Can You Help?
Volunteers assist in many areas, including:
- Reception Desks
- Patient Transport (within the hospitals)
- Office duties
- Thrift Shop
- Delivering newspapers and flowers
- Cafeteria assistance
- Caring Paws Animal-Assisted Therapy
Where Can You Help?
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Gavers Breast Center
- Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care Centers
- Northwestern Medicine Rehabilitation Services
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital Sage Cancer Center
- Pink Door Thrift Shop- McHenry
Who Can Volunteer?
Adult Volunteer Program
Summer Student Volunteer Program
Have any questions?
Please call the Department of Volunteer Services at 815-759-4334