Centegra Health System’s partnership with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago offers the care every parent hopes for in a location that’s close to home.
Lurie Children’s is one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the nation and will work with Centegra Physician Care family physicians and pediatricians, independent medical staff providers and nursing to be sure children receive the care they need.
- Cardiologists from Lurie Children’s read all pediatric electrocardiograms and echocardiograms performed at Centegra. If a child needs pediatric cardiology care, Centegra’s providers will refer the child to a Lurie Children’s pediatric cardiologist.
- In addition, when Centegra Health System providers diagnose a child with a concussion, those children may be referred to Lurie Children’s Concussion Program at the Institute for Sports Medicine. The Concussion Program supports a child throughout recovery and provides guidance so he or she can have a smooth and appropriate transition back to academic and athletic activities.
Skilled Inpatient Pediatric Medicine
When your child needs inpatient care, Lurie Children’s at Centegra Hospital-Huntley provides pediatric medicine experts close to your home.
24/7 Access to Medical Experts
The pediatric unit at Centegra Hospital-Huntley is staffed 24/7 by an expert medical team of Lurie Children’s pediatric hospitalists, specially trained nurses and skilled technicians who have expertise in pediatric medicine.
Pediatric hospitalists are board-certified pediatricians with special training in hospital-based medicine for infants, children and adolescents. These pediatric specialists provide and coordinate clinical care and serve as the essential bridge between your hospitalized child and your child’s pediatrician or specialty care physician(s).
Their focus includes:
- Comprehensive clinical care of acutely ill pediatric patients
- Assistance with pediatric procedures and closely monitoring progress, watching for complications and concerns
- Communicating with patients and their families
- Communicating with the patient’s primary doctor and specialty health care team
- Providing evaluation and care before and after procedures and surgery
These doctors will also provide newborn baby checks, be available for consultations in the Emergency Department at Centegra Hospital-Huntley and be available to doctors at other Centegra locations for phone consultations.
Comprehensive Outpatient Pediatric Medicine Services
Beginning this fall, parents will also be able to schedule appointments with Lurie Children’s pediatric medicine specialists in Huntley so their children can receive specialized care right here in our community.
- Lurie Children’s Cardiology at Centegra Hospital-Huntely (starting September 2016)