Cancer treatment in McHenry County
Just as no two people are alike, no two cancers are alike. Centegra Health System understands your needs for leading cancer care and personal attention.
Our knowledgeable cancer team provides state-of-the-art care, listens to your treatment goals and develops an individualized care plan that’s right for you.
Nationally accredited cancer program
The Centegra Sage Cancer Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer, a program of the American College of Surgeons. This program recognizes the nation’s leading cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, patient-centered care. Programs accredited by the Commission on Cancer improve the survival and quality of life for people with cancer. At Centegra, we set the highest standards for the cancer care we provide and dedicate ourselves to prevention, research, education and quality monitoring.
Partnership with the American Cancer Society
Centegra Health System partners with the American Cancer Society to provide support services, education and more to individuals living with cancer in and around McHenry County. This dedicated partnership includes:
- Look Good Feel Better, a free program for women in active cancer treatment in which cosmetologists teach women in active cancer treatment techniques to help combat the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment
- Wig Boutique, a free service that provides individualized solutions for hair loss from cancer treatment
- Patient navigation services
- Road to Recovery, a program to get rides to cancer treatment appointments
- Reach to Recovery, a program to help people cope with their breast cancer experience
- Gas cards and hotel stays
- Centegra Health System Foundation funds equipment, technology and services to help people with cancer
- Year-long breast and cervical cancer awareness and screening campaigns conducted in partnership with the American Cancer Society and the McHenry County Department of Health through the Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (IBCCP)
- Gavers Community Cancer Foundation partners with the Centegra Health System Foundation to fund numerous cancer screenings
- Freshstart Tobacco Cessation Program in collaboration with the American Cancer Society
- Partners with McHenry County Department of Health and the Gavers Community Cancer Foundation to support colon cancer screenings
Centegra Cancer Program Annual Review 2018