Cancer Treatment in McHenry County
Just as no two people are alike, no two cancers are alike. Centegra Health System understands your needs for advanced cancer care and personal attention.
Our cancer treatment experts provide state-of-the-art care close to your home so you can stay near your family and friends throughout your healing. We listen to your treatment goals and develop an individualized care plan that’s right for you.
Nationally Accredited Cancer Program
The Centegra Sage Cancer Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC), a program of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). The program recognizes the nation’s leading cancer care programs for their commitment to providing comprehensive, high-quality and multidisciplinary patient-centered care. Programs that have been accredited by the CoC improve the survival and quality of life for people with cancer. At Centegra, we set the highest standards for the care we provide and dedicate ourselves to prevention, research, education and quality monitoring.
Just as no two people are alike, no two cancers are alike, and nearly 1 in 10 cancers may be inherited. Individuals with a family history of cancer or those who want to know their risk of cancer can benefit from meeting with a genetic counselor.
Consider testing for cancer risk if:
- You were diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50
- You were diagnosed or had a close relative diagnosed with ovarian or male breast cancer
- You have multiple close relatives diagnosed with cancer
- You have Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
- You have a relative diagnosed with a hereditary cancer
- You have questions about your risk or your children’s risk of developing cancer
Partnership with the American Cancer Society
For years, Centegra Health System and the American Cancer Society (ACS) have partnered to provide support services, community relationships, education and more to individuals living with cancer in and around McHenry County. See below for more information about this dedicated partnership.
Centegra’s Look Good Feel Better program serves more than 100 women each year and includes:
- Free monthly sessions that teach beauty techniques for women in active cancer treatment coping with skin damages and hair loss
- Wig Boutique that provides individualized solutions for hair loss from cancer treatment
- The most successful site in ACS Fox Valley’s five-county region
- Patient navigation services
- Gas cards and hotel stays
- Road to Recovery and Reach to Recovery
- Year-long breast cancer awareness campaign conducted in partnership with ACS and McHenry County Department of Health Illinois Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (IBCCP)
- Think Pink Tea at Sun City Huntley
- Colorectal cancer workshops and screening assistance
- Great American Smokeout/tobacco cessation programs
Centegra Cancer Program Annual Review 2017