After the birth of your child, breastfeeding support is provided by nurses as well as Centegra’s certified lactation consultants at your bedside. Our nursing team will teach you how to establish breastfeeding, maintain an adequate supply of breast milk and show you ways to ensure breastfeeding success. Breastfeeding products such as manual or electric pumps are available for in-hospital use and for purchase when you are returning home. Hospital-grade double electric breast pumps are available for rent as well.
Centegra also offers breastfeeding classes and support groups led by certified lactation consultants that will address any concerns or questions you may have.
Breastfeeding Support Groups
Breastfeeding Support groups are held twice a week and are drop-in style. All breastfeeding moms and children are welcome.
Centegra Breastfeeding Resource Center
Centegra has dedicated Breastfeeding Resource Centers in McHenry and Huntley to provide professional support for nursing mothers.
The various services provided at the Centegra Breastfeeding Resource Center via appointment include:
• Assist mothers and babies during private one-on-one outpatient consultations
• Assess adequate milk intake through observation and by weighing the infant
• Address questions and concerns about the breastfeeding process
• Conduct private bra fittings and sell various sizes of nursing bras
• Provide breastfeeding products, supplies and accessories for sale and rent
• Convenient resource for standard and hard-to-find breastfeeding products
• Care coordination between patient, baby and physician (obstetrician, pediatrician, family practitioner)
• Resource for all nursing mothers hospital-wide and in our community
Private outpatient services are available by appointment at the Centegra Breastfeeding Resource Center. Payment may be required at time of service depending on your insurance plan. To ask questions or schedule an appointment at the Centegra Breastfeeding Resource Center, please call 224-654-0360 for Huntley or 815-759-4839 for McHenry.