Childbirth is one of life’s most memorable experiences. The Centegra Family Birth Center provides special programs, including childbirth and infant care classes and birthing options to make your delivery and stay just that. Join us every Sunday at 2pm for a tour of our Family Birth Center at Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Huntley.
View the Family Birth Center
We encourage each mother and her partner to visit the Centegra Family Birth Center to familiarize themselves with the unit before the big day arrives. Family Birth Center tours are at 2pm every Sunday. Tours meet in the Family Birth Center waiting room. It is recommended to call ahead to ensure a nurse is available to give a tour. Please understand that patient safety and care come first and at times, a nurse may not be available or restrictions (influenza) may limit visitation to the Center.
Amenities at the Centegra Family Birth Center:
- Spacious rooms
- Use of a luxurious robe
- Bedside spa treatments that include a manicure, massage or mini facial
- After the birth of your baby, the Brahms Lullaby will be heard over the hospital’s paging system
- On-site professional newborn photography company Forever Memories, LLC will have a representative stop by your room to present photography options after delivery
- “At Your Request” room service features an expansive menu for you and your significant other to enjoy
- Bath and body gift set
- Quilted cooler for milk storage
- Expectant mother parking is also available for your convenience throughout pregnancy as well as newborn follow-up visits
- Delicious take-home meal
We will ask you these questions when arriving at the Centegra Family Birth Center to make childbirth as stress free as possible.
- Will you breastfeed your baby?
- What type of pain management do you desire?
- Do you want your son to be circumcised?
- Have you selected a pediatrician? If you need help selecting a doctor, please call the Centegra Referral Line at 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347) or Find a Doctor.
Also, remember your baby cannot be sent home without a car seat. Please take the time to read the instructions included with the car seat and have it properly installed before it is time to go home.