Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock achieved Magnet status in 2013 as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program. This is the highest honor an organization can receive for quality patient care and professional nursing practice. Centegra Hospital-Huntley is now on the Journey to Magnet Excellence.
Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock are only a handful of hospitals in Illinois to earn this prestigious recognition. About 400 hospitals in the world have achieved Magnet status.
Hospitals achieve Magnet status by demonstrating their commitment to continuously improving patient care. Magnet hospitals must pass a rigorous and lengthy review process that judges the quality of:
- Nursing leadership, executive leadership and management styles- Leaders expect nurses to be accountable, passionate about patient care and dedicated to continuing education.
- Organizational structure- Centegra values the ways nurses care for patients.
- Nursing autonomy- Nurses have the authority to make independent decisions to improve patient care.
- Personnel policies and programs- Centegra encourages nurses to have work/life balance so they are excited to be at work.
- Nurses as teachers- Nurses who have specific knowledge share their expertise with others to ensure patients receive the best care.
- Professional models of care- Nurses use leading practices every day.
- Professional image of nursing- Nurses are expected to present themselves professionally.
- Professional development- Nurses are encouraged to achieve advanced certifications and education.
- Quality of care- Nurses create a culture of safety for their patients.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration- Nurses work with other clinical experts to ensure patients have well-rounded, excellent care.
- Population health management- Nurses educate patients about wellness and preventive measures to enhance their overall health.
Centegra is proud to be Magnet recognized. Each day, our nurses advance their profession through continuing education, collaboration and by providing the region’s best, most compassionate care.
Click here to see how you can become part of Centegra Health System’s Magnet nursing culture.