Leading Cardiovascular Services in McHenry County
Centegra Health System has built a nationally recognized heart program in McHenry County that is comparable in quality to heart programs at academic medical institutions. With the array of cardiovascular services – from pacemakers to interventional cardiology procedures to open heart surgery – offered at Centegra, you don’t have to travel for exceptional cardiovascular care.
Cardiovascular Services include:
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers that meet aggressive standards for providing timely care in the case of a heart attack.
- Centegra Hospital-McHenry received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s success at providing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- The Centegra Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center provides a comprehensive range of heart and lung treatments and procedures. The Centegra Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center gives patients access to heart and lung care, from prevention to the most severe cases. The center offers preventive, diagnostic and interventional services through three services located at Centegra Hospital-McHenry:
- Centegra Physician Care cardiologists – diagnostic and interventional cardiology; also located in Woodstock, Huntley and Crystal Lake
- Cardiac Surgery Associates, S.C. – cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Thomas J. Hinkamp, MD, cardiovascular & thoracic surgeon
- Loyola University Medical Center – heart failure clinic
- Max J. Liebo, MD, advanced heart failure and transplant surgeon
- Centegra Health System’s partnership with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago offers the care every parent hopes for in a location that’s close to home. Cardiologists from Lurie Children’s read all pediatric electrocardiograms and echocardiograms performed at Centegra. If a child needs pediatric cardiovascular services, Centegra’s providers will refer the child to a Lurie Children’s pediatric cardiologist.
- Two accredited Stroke Centers that follow the latest guidelines to treat people suffering from strokes.
- The stroke programs at both Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Huntley are both certified through The Joint Commission, the accrediting and certification organization for hospitals.
- The Stroke Centers at Centegra have received the American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Stroke Award.
- Centegra cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons are both board-certified and fellowship trained. Centegra also has many heart and vascular specialty physicians and providers on the medical staff including electrophysiologists, diagnostic and interventional cardiologists and heart failure specialists.
- Centegra offers pre- and post-cardiovascular services care through a variety of screening and wellness programs, cardiac rehabilitation and many wellness and nutrition services.
Call 911 immediately if you or someone you know may be experiencing signs or symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
Convenient Locations for Cardiovascular Services
Centegra Heart and Vascular Services are conveniently located in Crystal Lake, Huntley and McHenry.