Whether you are concerned about your breast cancer risk, need a mammogram, have found a lump in your breast or have been diagnosed with breast cancer, the Centegra Comprehensive Breast Program team is ready to help. The dedicated breast health specialists offer a complete range of services whether it’s as simple as setting up a mammogram, as complex as putting together a personalized plan for treating breast cancer or somewhere in between.
Exceptional care with a personal touch
The highly skilled, compassionate professionals of the Comprehensive Breast Program provide the following services:
- State-of-the-art breast cancer screening and diagnostic imaging technology including 3-D and digital screening mammograms, breast ultrasound and MRI imaging
- Breast cancer risk assessment, including genetic counseling and testing, and close, consistent monitoring for women at high risk of developing breast cancer
- Evaluation by surgeons trained in breast surgery after receiving a breast cancer diagnosis
- Personalized attention and care from a dedicated team of breast health specialists including our certified breast health navigator
- Complete range of breast cancer treatment options personalized for each patient including breast conservation surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, mastectomy and reconstructive breast surgery
- Second opinions after diagnoses
- Lymphedema screening after breast surgery
- Support services for patients and their families including cancer rehabilitation, nutrition, lymphedema prevention, emotional and spiritual support, financial counseling and support groups
- Connections to other resources such as the American Cancer Society
- Information about recovery after treatment
Accreditations and Distinctions
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center’s commitment to early detection and its full continuum of care for patients identified with abnormal screenings or other breast health concerns has earned full accreditation from the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. It was the first center in the region to earn NAPBC accreditation.
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center is also designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic biopsy and breast ultrasound, including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy. The facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs.
- All Centegra mammography locations have been awarded three-year accreditation in mammography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology.
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center earned the American College of Radiology Gold Seal of Accreditation, which represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. ACR accreditation represents our commitment to bringing state-of-the-art breast services to the greater McHenry County community.