Which Screenings are Right for You
Cancer screenings need to be included in your annual checkup. Consult your physician if you suspect something or are in a high-risk group for a particular cancer. Self-exams and screenings should be part of your regular personal routine. They are the first line of defense in detecting cancer early. Pay attention to your body. Breast, cervical, colorectal, testicular, skin and prostate cancers are among those most likely to be found either through self-exams or routine screenings.
The cancer screenings needed differ by age group. What screenings you need when you are 30 years old may not be the screenings you need when you are 50. View which cancer screenings are appropriate for each age group.
Throughout the year, Centegra offers opportunities for cancer screenings and education. Available screenings include:
- Skin screenings – Centegra offers free skin cancer screenings periodically – visit our calendar for dates.
- Prostate screenings – Prostrate screenings are offered in September – visit our calendar for dates.
- Colon screenings – Colon screenings are offered in March – visit our calendar for dates.
- Lung screenings – CT lung screenings are offered year-round. Visit the page to learn more.
- Oral, head and neck screenings – Centegra offers these screenings in April – visit our calendar for dates.
- Men’s & Women’s screening events – Men’s and Women’s screening events are offered in the fall – visit our calendar for dates.
Visit our Calendar or call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347) for information about upcoming screenings.