The experienced professionals at Centegra Health System make it simple to request copies of your medical records. It takes just a few steps to put your health care information into your hands.
Location and Hours
The Medical Records department is located at:
4201 W. Medical Center Drive
McHenry, IL 60050
3701 Doty Rd.
Woodstock, IL 60098
10400 Haligus Rd
Huntley, IL 60142
Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am-12 pm and 12:30-4:30 pm.
You may send your completed medical records request forms to: MyRequest@centegra.com
To Receive Your Records
- Print and fill out the medical records release form and either mail, email or go to the Medical Records department at one of the above hospital locations.
- Show photo identification.
- Provide proof of authorization if you are picking up medical records for your spouse or child younger than 18. The proof must be in writing and give you permission to get records for specific dates of service.
- Know what information you need. In most cases, you may not need a copy of your entire medical record. Instead, we are happy to provide an abstract of your care that includes all dictated physician reports such as lab, cardiology, medical imaging and pathology. Please also provide the dates when you received services.
Please fill out an ROI authorization form completely, and be sure to sign and date it.
The processing time for copies of records is 5-7 business days after receipt of payment, depending on the type of records and the dates of service requested. Federal law permits Centegra Healthy System to assess patients a reasonable, cost-based fee for copies of their records. (See 45 CFR § 164.524(c)(4).)
Once the records are ready, you will be mailed a copy of the requested records.
Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards
- Centegra Health System often receives requests for birth certificates and social security cards. Local government offices provide both of these records.
- It may take many months after your baby’s birth for his or her Social Security card to arrive. For more information about Social Security Cards, contact your local Social Security office.
- For information about birth certificates, contact the County Clerk’s office at the Woodstock Courthouse: 815-334-4242.