Centegra Health System’s commitment to breast health means you can stay close to home for the care you need, from the latest in breast imaging to breast cancer treatment and survivorship.
Centegra Comprehensive Breast Program
Centegra Gavers Breast Center, located in Crystal Lake, Ill., is home to the area’s only Comprehensive Breast Program, where you’ll receive personalized care from a dedicated team of breast specialists who offer a range of services:
- Screening and diagnostic mammograms including McHenry County’s only 3-D mammography
- 3-D mammography, also known as tomosynthesis, captures multiple images of the breast at different angles creating a 3-D image for precise diagnosis
- A risk assessment program that identifies women with an increased risk for developing breast cancer and provides recommendations for follow-up care
- A dedicated Breast Health Nurse Navigator meets with each patient who may be facing a diagnosis with breast cancer to navigate the diagnostic and surgical process. If a patient is diagnosed with cancer the Breast Health Nurse Navigator works closely with Centegra’s Oncology Nurse Navigator to help patients navigate chemotherapy and radiation. The navigator team will provide the education and resources patients need to make decisions and coordinate care in collaboration with their caregivers.
- Consultations with expert breast and reconstructive surgeons
Centegra Sage Cancer Center
The Centegra Sage Cancer Center, located in McHenry, Ill., ensures your cancer treatment needs are met by providing a full range of services including:
- Radiation therapy
- Genetic counseling and testing to help you understand your risk for inherited cancers and make an informed decision about treatment.
- Centegra also provides cancer care that goes beyond what is available at most academic and community cancer centers. Centegra Oncology Rehabilitation & Support Services improves the lives of survivors by addressing the side effects of cancer treatments. The program includes more than 80 doctors, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech/language pathologists, registered dietitians and mental health professionals to support our patients’ needs.
- A complete Survivorship Plan of Care that outlines follow up care for five years post cancer treatment.