Post-Graduate Administrative Fellowship
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Post Graduate Administrative Fellowship at Centegra Health System (CHS) provides foundational experience in the area of executive health care leadership in a fast growing multi-site health care system. This position exists as a postgraduate opportunity for those individuals seeking to enhance their competency in both health care administration and health care leadership. This opportunity will allow an individual to develop personal skills and gain experiences necessary to enhance their leadership capacity. This postgraduate opportunity aims to prepare the individual for future health care leadership roles with an emphasis on mission, vision, values integration and a servant leadership philosophy. The individual will be exposed to a variety of areas to learn the operations, strategy and governance of the organization.
- To become involved in significant key initiatives and meaningful projects throughout the organization.
- To observe and practice health care leadership across the health system.
- To build a solid foundation of experience in operations, finance, quality, clinical affairs and strategic planning at CHS.
- To experience and rotate through different divisions/departments in the organization.
- To be mentored and coached by executive administration of the organization on leadership style and philosophy.
- To develop personal, social and practical skills and experiences necessary for a successful career in health system leadership.
- To administer needs assessments based on current business initiatives.
- To carry out leadership research based on current need.
- To develop new programs, teaching tools, and materials in an organized fashion for utilization in learning offerings of all types (as directed by assessed needs and health care strategic plan) for diverse populations (i.e. CHS leaders, Associates at large and the community).
The individual accepting this position will:
- Strive to actualize the mission and vision of CHS.
- Integrate the CHS values of genuine respect, passionate caring and a joyful spirit into everyday interactions.
- Adhere to and be responsible for the safety standards of CHS including the completion of the mandatory organizational safety standards.
- Actively maintain confidentiality for our patients and their families as outlined in the CHS Patient Confidentiality Policy, Code of Conduct and HIPAA policies.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills necessary in order to organize and direct workflow, motivate others to accomplish stated objectives with professional competence.
- Demonstrate the positive interpersonal skills necessary to interact efficiently with all Patients, Associates, Medical Staff, board members and community/corporate individuals.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills necessary to analyze data; written skills necessary to develop reports, provide correspondence, meeting agendas/ minutes and marketing of new initiatives and potential programs.
- Demonstrate the ongoing ability to work independently and require minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Masters Degree in healthcare administration or related field. Prior health care experience is a plus. Knowledge of hospital operations and a willingness to adhere to all regulatory standards is expected.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
How to Apply:
The Fellowship is open to individuals with an MBA, MHA or equivalent from a U.S. accredited graduate program, a strong interest in health system administration with a servant leadership focus.
Fellowship positions have now been filled and the application process is complete. Check back often for updated information.