Give the Gift of Your Time
Centegra Health System volunteers are important members of our healthcare system family. Many of our departments and programs benefit from the selfless volunteer gifts of time and talent.
Just as volunteering has long been a point of pride for Americans, Centegra’s volunteers feel proud knowing that they help our hospitals thrive. For more than 60 years, volunteers have helped Centegra hospitals. In 2008 alone, volunteers donated 47,365 hours!
The Auxiliaries at Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock are vital to our programs and services. Their fundraising efforts enhance our ability to bring state-of-the-art treatments and technologies to our neighbors in greater McHenry County. The Auxiliary raises funds through events, the hospital Gift Shops and its two Resale Stores.
Ways to Volunteer
Do you like to meet new people or learn new skills? Do you have a special talent or experience that might benefit others? Maybe you are simply interested because you like to participate in an active life. Whatever your personal reasons, becoming a Centegra volunteer is rewarding and enjoyable. Volunteers work in numerous Centegra sites throughout the McHenry County.
Volunteers can help in many ways:
- Guest Services: greet patients and visitors, help them find their way, give visitor passes and deliver flowers and mail
- Crisis Center: help the associates in the Crisis Center update their department database
- Emergency Department: greet patients and assist staff with changing beds, filling supplies in patient rooms or talking with patients who are frightened or alone
- Gift Shop: wait on customers, ring up sales and help keep the shop clean and tidy
- Newspaper Delivery: deliver newspapers to patients each morning
- Office Assistance: assist staff with answering phones, filing paperwork and working on the computer
- Physical Therapy: transport patients by wheelchair to the rehab gym and help plan game night
- Smile Program: offer books and magazines to patients and teach them how to use our in-house movie channel
- Centegra Sage Cancer Center: greet patients and assist staff with various projects
- Transport Team: transport patients during admissions and discharges
- Thrift Shop: sort donations, ring up sales and stock the thrift store
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone older than 16 years can volunteer at Centegra Health System. It is easy to become a volunteer: Simply fill out an application and attend an orientation.
Department of Volunteer Services
- McHenry (815) 759-4334
- Woodstock (815) 334-3187