Visitors are encouraged to promote the healing and well being of our patients. Regular visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm, seven days a week. After-hours visiting will be allowed under certain limited circumstances at the discretion of nursing leadership. The following expectations will help ensure that all our patients experience a safe, restful and quiet stay.
Visitor Restrictions for Flu Season
There are no restrictions at this time.
Regular Visiting Hours
Upon arrival, all visitors must check in at the Guest Services desk located in the main hospital lobby and obtain a blue visitor pass. Visitors in the emergency department should obtain a pass from the Registration desk there.
After Hours Visiting
Upon arrival, visitors must check-in at the Registration desk located in the Emergency Department (for South Street, the main lobby) and obtain a red visitor pass.
The visitor pass must be worn and be visible to others at all times. Please do not be offended if your pass is not visible and you are asked if you need assistance.
Visitor Rules & Policies
- A “Stop Sign” posted on a patient’s room door means isolation precautions are in place. You MUST check with the patient’s nurse before entering the room to receive specific instructions about isolation precaution procedures.
- All children 15 years and under must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended. Children under the age of 12 may only visit a patient in the Family Birth Center if they are a sibling of the newborn and do not have obvious signs of illness.
- If you are not completely healthy, show signs of an illness or have been exposed to a communicable disease, please postpone visiting until all of your symptoms subside.
- We are very respectful of our patients’ privacy. You may be asked to step out of the room during provider consultations or while treatments are being given.
- Please do not use patient bathrooms during your visit; public restrooms are located throughout the facility.
- Please check with nursing staff before bringing in food, personal items or flowers. Restrictions on these items may be an important part of the patient’s care. Please do not eat or remove food from a patient’s tray. Knowledge of the patient’s nutrition is an important part of the healing process.
- In response to both the needs of our patients and Associates who have a sensitivity to latex, Centegra prohibits latex balloons within the hospitals.
- Certain items are considered contraband, are not allowed on premise and can be dangerous to our patients. Such items include (but are not limited to) medications from home, tobacco products, lighters/matches and items that can be used as weapons (e.g., knives).
- Chairs are provided for guests to sit on during visiting hours. Please do not sit or lay on patients’ or unoccupied beds.
- Animals are not allowed in the hospital unless they are certified service animals or part of a therapeutic program approved by the medical staff and Infection Control Committee.
- Further visiting restrictions may be implemented at certain times such as influenza season or inclement weather.
Disruptive and inappropriate behavior can result in a visitor being asked to leave the facility or result in limitations on future visitation. Questions or concerns regarding visitation should be reported to Guest Services in the main lobby or the emergency department. Thank you for helping Centegra Health System promote the healing and well being of our patients.
If you have any questions about our visiting hours or policies, call (815) 759-4245.