Specialized Care for Women’s Health
The caring associates and physicians on staff at Centegra Health System understand the unique health needs of women, so we tailor our healthcare services to help women of all ages live healthier lives. Our state-of-the-art care is provided with a compassionate, joyful enthusiasm to promote women’s health in mind, body, and spirit.
Facts About Women’s Health
- Every three minutes, another woman in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- In McHenry County, heart disease deaths for women over 35 are among the highest in the state.
- 30 percent of all women over 40 suffer from incontinence or a pelvic floor disorder.
- The female population in McHenry County is expected to grow almost 13 percent in the next five years.
Specialized Women’s Health Services in McHenry County
Part of Centegra’s commitment to women’s health is to bring highly specialized physicians to the McHenry County area so you can receive care close to home. Both in-house and through partnerships with local specialists, Centegra offers women’s health services in the following areas:
- Obstetrics: Our family-centered care combines personal attention, advanced medical capabilities, educational support, and many comforts and conveniences to help you have a rewarding pregnancy and childbirth experience.
- Gynecology: The experienced physicians at Centegra evaluate and treat a broad range of gynecologic problems.
- Urogynecology and high-risk pregnancy: Centegra has developed relationships with highly trained specialists in maternal fetal medicine and urogynecology.
- Diagnostic services: To keep you well, we offer mammography, bone density, and cardiac assessments at various locations throughout McHenry County.
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Breast cancer and gynecologic cancer: The compassionate caregivers at the Centegra Sage Cancer Center and Centegra Gavers Breast Center provide a listening ear and connect you to resources that help you deal with diagnosis and treatment.
- Women’s Wellness Services: Because prevention and wellness services are crucial in helping you stay healthy throughout your life, Centegra offers assessments, screenings, classes, lectures, and events targeted to women’s health.