Centegra Sports Care takes athletics to another level by providing schools and student athletes with a full range of athletic training and clinical services to help athletes stay healthy, ahead of injury and in the game.
Centegra’s athletic trainers collaborate with the most experienced surgeons, neurologists and physical therapists to provide education, care and the latest treatments in sports medicine. If an injury occurs, your student athlete will have access to a complete range of medical services and specialized providers available at Centegra Health System. We have the clinical expertise to help your child return to the game healthy and ready to play.
Centegra Sports Care & Your Athlete
As the parent or guardian of a student athlete, you are concerned with your student staying healthy and safe. Our Centegra Kids Symptom Checker helps you learn more about your child’s aches and pains.
Also, we are here to ensure you know what an athletic trainer is, how athletic trainers help your athlete and answer other questions you may have. Learn more about athletic training.
Centegra Sports Care at Your School
Benefits of having Centegra Sports Care at your school include:
- Certified athletic trainers onsite during games and sporting events
- Access to Centegra’s Sports Concussion Program
- Clinical coverage at home games
- Prioritized access to post-injury medical care that includes all medical services available at Centegra Health System
- Additional health and wellness services for high school student athletes
View our Centegra Sports Care Services.
Call our Centegra Corporate Outreach Coodinator at 815-788-5864.
Centegra Sports Care is the official provider of concussion screenings, physical therapy and athletic training for:
- District 12 Johnsburg High School
- District 158 Huntley High School
- District 200 Woodstock High School
District 200 Woodstock North High School
Intern with Our Sports Care Team
At Centegra, we are always looking for individuals who want to learn from McHenry County’s top Health Care System for class credit.
Internships are available for those who qualify. A Centegra Sports Care internship involves rotations between high schools in addition to active participation within the Sports Care administration.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate athletic training sequence and have an up to date CPR/AED/First Aid certification. Applicants must be preparing to sit for their BOC exam.
For more information about interning with Centegra Sports Care contact our Sports Care Coordinator.
Centegra Sports Care Statistics
Centegra Sports Care has proved to be very successful.
Within its first year Centegra Sports Care had:
- 1,200 athletes treated.
- 4,100 concussion tests.
- 230 athletes see a neurologist after a concussion.
Within the last 9 months:
- 260% increase in concussion baseline participation
- 2,088 athletes were treated
- 505 athletes were taken out of play
- 560 events were covered