Centegra hospitals receive ‘A’ ratings in Hospital Safety Scores
Centegra Health System reports quality data to many different national organizations. We believe patients have the right to choose a hospital based on the level of care it provides. For patients, The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score is the gold standard for comparing hospitals’ performance for safety, quality and efficiency. Hospitals that participate in The Leapfrog Hospital Survey achieve improvements that translate into millions of lives and dollars saved. More than 2,500 of the nation’s leading hospitals participate in this survey to promote safety, quality, affordability and transparency in health care.
Centegra Hospital-McHenry earned “A” ratings and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock earned “B” ratings from The Leapfrog Group. Our top ratings reflect the excellent procedures we use to prevent errors, infections, injuries and medication mix-ups. Centegra received best-possible scores for:
- Computerized Prescriber Order Entry, which highlights Centegra’s use of electronic prescribing systems. Physicians or clinicians enter medication orders into a computer, which then combines all patient information to check for potential errors or concerns.
- Identification and mitigation of risks and hazards, which shows that Centegra’s teams work to identify and reduce potential risks for patients.
- Nursing workforce, which reflects Centegra’s dedication to correctly staffing all nursing units.
- Medication Reconciliation, which demonstrates that Centegra uses the best strategies to reduce medication errors and adverse drug events.
- Hand hygiene, which shows Centegra’s workforce uses measures to reduce infections that are transmitted from one patient to another.
- Care of ventilated patients, which recognizes Centegra’s excellent practices regarding patients who need breathing assistance.
For Centegra Health System, A scores mean we’re succeeding in our efforts to provide safe, high-quality care. For patients, As mean your local hospitals offer care on par with the leading hospitals in the nation.