The pharmacists at Centegra Health System are medication experts with years of advanced training about how medicine can improve your health. They can give you the advice you need about:
- Managing your prescriptions correctly (use our Medication Health Record as a guide)
- Maximizing your prescription drug coverage
- Working with health insurance plans like Medicare
- Medication Safety for Consumers
- Making medications affordable
Pharmacy Services and Information
Medications from Home
Centegra Health System offers the Medications from Home program, a convenient and environmentally friendly initiative to make your life easier and cut down on medication waste.
In the past, if you were admitted to the hospital and your doctor wanted you to continue your prescription eye drops or inhalers, the Pharmacy would supply these items specifically for use in the hospital and bill you for them.
With Centegra’s Medications from Home program, you now have the option to bring eye drops or inhalers to use during your stay at our hospitals in McHenry and Woodstock. You will not be billed for these medications you bring from home and you will be able to use the exact medication your doctor has prescribed. If your inhaler or eye drops run out during your hospital stay, the Centegra Pharmacy will supply you with more.
Instead of partially used inhalers or eye drops being thrown out at the end of your hospital stay, these medications will now be labeled and sent home with you so you can continue to use them (as prescribed) without having to make another trip to the Pharmacy or pay an additional co-pay.
High-alert medications are drugs that bear a heightened risk of causing significant patient harm when they are used in error. Although mistakes may or may not be more common with these drugs, the consequences of an error are clearly more devastating.
Please print and use the Institute for Safe Medication Practices List of High-Alert Medications to determine which of your prescriptions require special safeguards to reduce the risk of errors. Centegra Pharmacies use the following strategies to limit risk of harm from these medications:
- Standardized ordering, storage, preparation and administration of these products
- Improved access to information about these drugs
- Limited access to high-alert medications
- Use of auxiliary labels and automated alerts
- Use of automated or independent double checks when necessary