What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
If you are taking more than one kind of medication, managing your health can become difficult. Medication Therapy Management (MTM) at Centegra is a service that helps you get the most from your prescription medicines. Our specially trained MTM pharmacists work directly with you and your doctors to address problems related to your medicines so you can enjoy better outcomes.
The MTM pharmacist’s role is to:
- Make sure all medications have a diagnosis.
- Review medication regimen for pertinent interactions.
- Review medications for renal adjustments, when lab information is available.
- Review medication regimen to ensure it makes sense according to evidence-based guidelines and best practice.
- Review all the medications with you so you understand why a drug is being used, how to take the drug, and side effects.
- Gain an understanding of any issues you are having with your regimen and to correct them.
- Review any over-the-counter or herbal medications that you’re taking, provide counsel on these medications, review any interactions, and provide input about the potential benefits or harm from these medications.
- Provide you with a medication list.
- Help you have a better understanding of your disease state so compliance will not be an issue.
- Review your immunization status and why current immunizations are important.
Centegra offers two convenient locations at Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock where you can receive medication therapy management (MTM). MTM is offered from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday at both locations.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call or email:
Scott Drabant, R.Ph, FASCP
Dimple Patel, PharmD
Shirley Felder, PharmD