What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
If you are taking more than one kind of medication, managing your health can become difficult. Medication Therapy Management (MTM) at Centegra is a service that helps you get the most from your prescription medicines. Our specially trained MTM pharmacists work directly with you and your doctors to address problems related to your medicines so you can enjoy better health.
The MTM pharmacist’s role is to:
- Make sure all medications have a current diagnosis and are being used according to the most recent guidelines
- Review medications to prevent interactions
- Review medications and lab results to see if adjustments are needed
- Review medication regimen to ensure it makes sense according to evidence-based guidelines and best practice
- Educate you about why a drug is being used, how to take the drug and possible side effects
- Listen as you describe any issues you are having with your medications and help you correct them
- Review any over-the-counter or herbal medications that you’re taking and provide information about these medications
- Provide you a medication list
- Help you understand how taking your meds correctly can improve your health
- Review your immunization status and why current immunizations are important
Centegra’s MTM services are offered at Centegra Hospital-McHenry from 7 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call or email:
Scott Drabant, R.Ph, FASCP