Prevent Blood Clots
The Centegra Anticoagulation Management Service (CAMS) is an outpatient clinic devoted to the care of patients taking oral anticoagulation medication to prevent blood clots, namely warfarin or the name brand Coumadin. This clinic provides an effective and convenient approach to the monitoring of patients on anticoagulation therapy and teaches safe and healthy choices in conjunction with this medication. The CAMS clinic may be beneficial to you if you have been prescribed warfarin for any one of a variety of diagnoses, including:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Deep venous thromboembolism (DVT)
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Heart attack
- Heart valve replacement
- Hip or knee replacement
The CAMS pharmacists, who all have education and experience in the management of oral anticoagulants, encourage you to be an active participant in your healthcare. Our pharmacists also work with your physicians and family to develop recommendations and education about your anticoagulant medication and ongoing health.
Anticoagulation Management at Centegra
A physician referral is required to take advantage of Anticoagulation Management at Centegra. During each appointment:
- The CAMS team reviews all your medications, dietary habits, and restrictions and addresses any signs and symptoms of possible negative effects of the anticoagulation therapy.
- A pharmacist uses a simple finger stick to obtain a single drop of blood to assess your response to warfarin.
- Immediate test results allow the pharmacist to modify your warfarin dose, if necessary.
- A complete visit report is forwarded to your referring physician that day.
Our Anticoagulation Clinics, conveniently located throughout McHenry County in McHenry, Woodstock, Huntley, and Crystal Lake, eliminate the need for frequent lab visits for venous draws, long waiting times for test results, and possible delays in implementing needed dosage changes.
Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance will pay for all or part of the charges in most cases. For your convenience, Centegra will provide direct billing to Medicare/Medicaid and private insurance plans.
Call (815) 759-4744 to make an appointment at one of our four Anticoagulation Management sites