Nursing Excellence is the Standard at Centegra Health System
The Department of Nursing at Centegra Health System treats the physical and mental needs of patients while remaining mindful of each individual’s spiritual and cultural beliefs. Centegra encourages our registered nurses to maintain a balance between work and family life so when they care for you, they can do so with a joyful spirit.
Centegra Health System achieved Magnet status in 2013 as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet Recognition Program. This is the highest honor an organization can receive for quality patient care and professional nursing practice.
Centegra Health System is just the second health system in Illinois to earn this prestigious recognition. This means all three of Centegra’s hospitals have achieved this advanced designation. Our patients will receive the same level of excellent nursing care at every Centegra hospital. Fewer than 400 hospitals in the world have achieved Magnet status.
The Nursing Department at Centegra Health System empowers nursing Associates by supporting and fostering their professional development. We encourage collaboration among all members of the healthcare team in order to provide the best care for you and the community. We strive to create an environment where the best nurses want to work.
Nursing Associates at Centegra are actively engaged in the quality improvement process and evidence-based nursing practice. Centegra fosters professional growth and career advancement for nursing Associates through active participation in professional and educational activities. We promote the health of our community through health-related events and the role modeling of health. We strive for excellence in all we do.
Centegra Health System’s Department of Nursing supports our nurses as they take a relationship-based approach to care. This care relies on three types of relationships:
- The care provider’s relationship with patients and families
- The care provider’s relationship with herself or himself
- The care provider’s relationships with colleagues
Nursing Department core beliefs:
- We believe that patients and their families are the primary foundation of our practice, and as such, we are committed to serving them with genuine respect, passionate caring, and a joyful spirit.
- We believe that every patient has human dignity and is worthy of our respect. We are committed to serving all patients equally, regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, lifestyle, diagnosis, or socioeconomic status.
- We believe the highest quality of patient care is best achieved by interdisciplinary teamwork. Collaboration among all health team members is our cornerstone for excellence because it helps achieve continuous care and positive patient outcomes.
Centegra nurses hold certifications in a wide range of specialties and skills, including:
- Pediatric Emergency
- Nurse Operating Room
- ANCC Certified Cardiac/Vascular Specialist
- Medical Surgical
- Progressive Critical Care
- Critical Care
- Certified Forensic
- Trauma Nurse Specialist
- Board Certified Medical Surgery
- Board Certified Psychiatry
- Case Manager
- Wound Care
- Operating Room
- Board Certified High Risk Peri-Natal
- ANCC Certified High Risk Peri-Natal
- Lactation Consultant
- Board Certified Low Risk Nursery
- Board Certified Mother Baby
- Board Certified Obstetrics
- Board Certified Newborn
- Professional Health Risk Management
- Addictions Counselor
- Type 73 Certified
- Wound Ostomy Continence
- Infection Control
- Foot and Nail Care
The not-for-profit DAISY Foundation was founded in recognition of the care provided by nurses to thank them for making a profound difference in the lives of their patients. Each month, a nurse is selected to receive the DAISY Award. The honoree receives a certificate commending her or him for being an extraordinary nurse.