Wound Experts in McHenry County
Centegra Health System is pleased to offer McHenry County’s first comprehensive Wound & Hyperbaric Center, managed by Healogics. The Wound & Hyperbaric Center in Woodstock has the largest individual hyperbaric oxygen chambers available in the region, and the multidisciplinary Wound Care Center team is made up of a variety of professionals:
- Podiatrists, surgeons, and infectious disease specialists with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced support staff who assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
The specialists at the Wound & Hyperbaric Center follow treatment protocols specifically established for each type of wound, utilize the latest approaches to wound healing, and remain current in new scientific advances in wound care.
For questions about the Wound & Hyperbaric Center in Huntley or to schedule an appointment, call (847) 802-7300.
Click on this link to print out the Patient History Form.
Convenient Location for Wound Care
The Centegra Wound and Hyperbaric Center is conveniently located in Huntley.
View Centegra Wound Care in a larger map
Wound Care Overview
Associated with inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility, non-healing wounds occur most frequently in the elderly and in people with diabetes— populations that are sharply rising as the nation ages and chronic diseases increase. If you suffer from a chronic or non-healing wound from venous and arterial insufficiency, diabetes, injury, or immobility, speak with your physician about the Wound Care Center at Centegra.
The Wound Care Center team will work closely with you and your doctor to provide:
- An individualized and comprehensive care plan
- Advanced therapies, including hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Assessment and skilled, ongoing care
- Proven clinical protocols
- Healing modalities
- Training on wound care at home
- Continuous communication with you and your doctor on all aspects of your healing
- Educational materials and resources on prevention, nutrition, hygiene, and more
The Wound Care Center improves your continuum of care by reducing re-admittance to the hospital and shortening long inpatient stays.
Wound Care Facts
- 75% of the $2.6 trillion spent annually on health care is for treating patients with chronic conditions.
- 70 million Americans over the age of 50 suffer from at least one chronic condition.
- Non-healing wounds of the diabetic foot are considered one of the most significant complications of diabetes, representing a worldwide medical, social, and economic burden.
- Almost 24 million Americans are diabetic, and 6.5 million of these are estimated to suffer with chronic or non-healing wounds.
About Healogics, Inc.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Healogics is the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services. Healogics and its affiliated companies manage more than 500 wound care centers in the nation and see nearly 200,000 patients per year through a connected network of centers, partner hospitals, and academic medical centers. Leveraging its scale and experience, Healogics utilizes an evidence-based systematic approach to chronic wound healing. For more information, visit Healogic’s website.