Nationally Recognized Breast Care
The highly skilled, compassionate professionals at the Centegra Gavers Breast Center bring state-of-the-art breast services to the greater McHenry County community. The newest technology and techniques are in one centralized location to reduce the time from diagnosis to treatment. We provide insight about your test results and breast cancer treatment options in a timely, sensitive manner.
Located in Crystal Lake, Illinois, the Centegra Gavers Breast Center is the hub for Centegra Health System’s breast health program. At Centegra Gavers Breast Center, we nurture the whole person—mind, body and spirit—and care as much about your personal journey as we do about your physical health. Patients from all over northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin visit the Centegra Gavers Breast Center for:
- Digital screening mammograms (also available at most Centegra medical imaging locations)
- Follow-up diagnostics after an abnormal mammogram
- Education and treatment after receiving a breast cancer diagnosis
- Personalized attention and care from a multidisciplinary, dedicated team of breast health specialists
- Referrals to physicians who specialize in cancer care
- Close, consistent monitoring for those with risk factors or who are predisposed to breast cancer
- Second opinions after diagnoses at other hospitals
- Connections to other cancer resources such as the American Cancer Society
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Information about recovery after treatment
- Mammo Mondays
To schedule an appointment at Centegra Gavers Breast Center, call (815) 334-5566.
Accreditations and Distinctions
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center’s commitment to early detection and its full continuum of care for patients identified with abnormal screenings or other breast health concerns has earned full accreditation from the American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It was the first center in the region to earn this accreditation.
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center is also designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, earning accreditation in mammography, stereotactic biopsy, and breast ultrasound (including ultrasound-guided breast biopsy). The facility has achieved high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs.
- All of Centegra Health System’s Mammography locations have been awarded three-year accreditation in mammography as the result of a recent review by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Centegra Gavers Breast Center earned the ACR Gold Seal of Accreditation, which represents the highest level of image quality and patient safety. This accreditation represents Centegra’s commitment to bringing state-of-the-art breast services to the greater McHenry County community.
State-of-the-Art Breast and Bone Imaging Technology
The Centegra Gavers Breast Center makes it easy to receive screening and diagnostic tests in one convenient location. We provide high-quality medical imaging including:
- Digital mammography (screening and diagnostic, including 3-D Tomosynthesis breast imaging)
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic biopsies
- Bone density test
Recognizing the importance of early detection, Centegra Health System sponsors Mammo Monday events. Come on your own or bring your mother, daughters, sisters and friends to a special, private setting to take control of your breast and bone health. Mammo Mondays offer:
- Digital mammography screenings
- 3-D mammography screenings (if requested)
- Bone density screenings
- Free expert bra fittings
- Light snacks
The Centegra Gavers Breast Center hosts support group meetings, special lectures and other events that bring the newest and most advanced information about comprehensive breast care to the region. Along with the Centegra Sage Cancer Center, we offer various onsite social, emotional, spiritual, physical, dietary, and financial support services for patients and their family members. Visit the Support page or our Calendar for more information about upcoming events and support group meetings.
An onsite resource library is also available to address the questions and concerns of patients, families and community members. Materials include books, brochures, videos, and other web-related resources.
Centegra Health System and The Gavers Community Cancer Foundation
Centegra Health System offers McHenry County’s only patient-centered program that provides a coordinated, interdisciplinary, high-quality continuum of care for women’s breast care needs, thanks to a substantial donation from the Gavers Community Cancer Foundation.
The Centegra Gavers Breast Center in Crystal Lake serves as the hub for Centegra Health System’s Breast Health program. It provides McHenry County patients identified with abnormal screening mammograms a full continuum of follow-up diagnostics, required care and social and emotional support in a coordinated and centralized location. Centegra has several state-of-the art imaging facilities throughout McHenry County that provide convenient access to individual imaging needs. Women are able to get the latest digital screening mammography close to home and in the event more detailed evaluation and treatment is needed, the Centegra Gavers Breast Center is dedicated breast care center they can rely on. Imaging services are also offered at Centegra Hospital-McHenry, Centegra Hospital-Woodstock and Centegra Health Center-Huntley.
The Gavers Community Cancer Foundation was founded 14 years ago by Steve Gavers to make a difference in the fight against cancer and has two primary missions: to raise cancer awareness by educating and encouraging people to obtain cancer screenings, and to raise funds for research.
The Gavers Community Cancer Foundation hosts a fundraising party every July called the Barndance and has raised more than $5 million to go towards cancer research and awareness programs. The Gavers Foundation is 100% volunteer run and provides 100% of event proceed to key partners, including Centegra Health System. For more information on The Gavers Foundation, visit their website.