No Time Like the Present
Did you know that 15 minutes is all you need to stay ahead of breast cancer? The American Cancer Society recommends a yearly mammogram for women 40 and older. Mammograms detect abnormal breast tissue, such as tumors and cysts. They may also help differentiate between benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) disease. Regular mammograms are a proven way to detect breast cancer at an early stage and are superior to breast palpation alone. Mammograms are especially important if:
- You are older than 40
- You have a family history of breast cancer
- You notice a change in your breasts
Multiple Locations Throughout McHenry County
Centegra offers mammograms at four locations throughout McHenry County.
Results You Can Trust
The Centegra digital mammography facilities in McHenry, Woodstock, Crystal Lake, and Huntley are equipped with the latest digital mammography technology, including 3-D breast imaging. Each of our facilities:
- Has been Accredited under the Mammography Quality Standards Act
- Has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in mammography by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Medical Records Release Form
Patients sometimes need their records transferred from one facility to another. Our authorization form is printable and will allow our staff to connect with the previous facility to receive these records. Please fax the completed and signed form to 815-759-8097 and we will take care of the rest.
Mammo Mondays at Centegra
Recognizing the importance of early detection, Centegra Health System sponsors Mammo Monday events. Come on your own or bring your mother, daughters, sisters and friends to a special, private setting to take control of your breast and bone health.
Mammo Mondays offer:
- Digital mammography screenings
- 3-D mammography screenings (if requested)
- Bone density screenings
- FREE expert bra fittings
- Light snacks
Please bring your physician order. All insurance will be billed.
For more information on Mammo Mondays, visit our Calendar. Appointments are recommended. To schedule, call (815) 334-5566.
3-D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Centegra Gavers Breast Center offers the only 3-D mammogram technology in McHenry County. Ideal for women with dense breasts, 3-D mammograms capture multiple images (slices) of the breast at different angles, allowing radiologists to examine each one-millimeter slice at a time and provide a 3-D reconstruction. This enhanced view provides you greater peace of mind and is available thanks to a generous gifts to the Centegra Health System Foundation.
What to Expect
The 3-D mammography complements standard 2-D mammography and is performed at the same time with the same system. There is no additional compression required and it only takes a few seconds longer for each view. Benefits of tomosynthesis at Centegra include:
- Shorter screening time: Your breast image is immediately captured on high-resolution computer monitors so the technologist can ensure each image shows the right view before positioning you for the next scan. The entire procedure should take about 20 minutes.
- Timely results: A radiologist will read your mammogram and results will be sent to your physician within 24 hours.
- Assistance with insurance: If tomosynthesis is not covered by your insurance, Centegra Health System will bill your insurance for your routine screening mammogram and the remaining balance will be covered as our gift to you.
Digital mammograms at Centegra offer many benefits:
- Day, evening, and Saturday hours to fit your schedule
- Same-day or walk-in appointments
- More comfortable mammograms using MammoPad®[RW1]
- Timely results
Additional Breast Diagnostics
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic biopsies
- Bone density
To schedule your mammogram, additional diagnostic tests, or a general breast health appointment, call (815) 334-5566.