A Centegra Mammogram – Convenient Hours, Fast Results
Taking the time to maintain your breast health with a yearly mammogram is something the American Cancer Society recommends for women 40 and older. It is a proven way to detect breast cancer in its earliest stages.
A typical mammogram only takes 15-30 minutes and Centegra offers screening mammography at convenient locations throughout McHenry County so you don’t have to travel far.
Having a digital mammogram at Centegra offers many benefits:
- Day, evening and Saturday hours to fit your schedule
- Same-day appointments available with your CPC, PCP or OB visit
- More comfortable mammograms using MammoPad
- Quick results via email
- No physician order needed for a screening mammogram
Results You Can Trust
The Centegra digital mammography facilities in McHenry, Woodstock, Crystal Lake and Huntley are equipped with the latest digital mammography technology, including 3-D breast imaging. Each of our facilities has been:
- Accredited under the Mammography Quality Standards Act
- Awarded a three-year term of accreditation in mammography by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
Schedule Your Mammogram
Call 815-334-5566 to schedule your mammogram, additional diagnostic tests or a general breast health appointment.
For even more convenience, we can call you to schedule your screening mammogram. Fill out the form below and one of our scheduling Associates will contact you.
Mammo Mondays at Centegra
Recognizing the importance of early detection, Centegra Health System sponsors Mammo Monday events. Come on your own or bring your mother, daughters, sisters and friends to a special, private setting to take control of your breast and bone health.
Mammo Mondays offer:
- Digital mammography screenings
- 3-D mammography screenings (if requested)
- Bone density screenings
- FREE expert bra fittings
- Light snacks
No physician order is needed for a screening mammogram. All insurance will be billed.
For more information on Mammo Mondays, visit our Calendar. Appointments are recommended. To schedule, call 815-334-5566.
3-D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Centegra Gavers Breast Center offers the only 3-D mammogram technology in McHenry County. Ideal for women with dense breasts, 3-D mammograms capture multiple images (slices) of the breast at different angles, allowing radiologists to examine each one-millimeter slice at a time and provide a 3-D reconstruction. This enhanced view provides you greater peace of mind.
What to Expect from a 3-D
The 3-D mammography complements standard 2-D mammography and is performed at the same time with the same system. There is no additional compression required and it only takes a few seconds longer for each view. Benefits of tomosynthesis at Centegra include:
- Shorter screening time: Your breast image is immediately captured on high-resolution computer monitors so the technologist can ensure each image shows the right view before positioning you for the next scan. The entire procedure should take about 20 minutes.
- Timely results: A radiologist will read your mammogram and results will be sent to your physician within 24 hours.
- 3-D mammography insurance reimbursement
- If your insurance does not cover 3-D mammograms, you can still experience this enhanced technology for an out-of-pocket fee of $75.00. Currently Medicare and BC BS something something (when indicated).
Centegra Imaging Facilities
Medical Records Release Form
Patients sometimes need their records transferred from one facility to another. Our authorization form is printable and will allow our staff to connect with the previous facility to receive these records. Please fax the completed and signed form to 815-759-8097 and we will take care of the rest.