Let’s face it, getting older is the last thing we want to think about. After all, it’s about how you feel, not how many birthdays you’ve had, right? Being active and healthy is the key to enjoying this special time in your life.
Keep doing what you love a lot longer and take advantage of Medicare’s preventive exams and screenings right here at Centegra. Many convenient locations are close to home and are here to help keep you well.
Talk to your doctor to find out which of these Medicare exams and screenings are right for you and keep yourself ahead.
Preventive Services and Screenings Covered by Medicare:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- Alcohol Misuse Screening and Behavioral counseling Intervention in Primary Care
- Annual Wellness Visit (Including Personalized Prevention Plan Services)
- Bone Density Measurements
- Cancer Screenings
- Cardiovascular Disease Screening
- Depression Screening in Adults
- Diabetes Screening
- Diabetes Self-Management Training
- Glaucoma Screening
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Screening
- Immunizations (Seasonal Influenza, Pneumococcal, and Hepatitis B)
- Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) (also commonly referred to as the “Welcome to Medicare” Preventive Visit)
- Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease
- Intensive Behavioral Therapy for Obesity
- Medical Nutrition Therapy (for beneficiaries with diabetes or renal disease) Medicare patients with a BMI over 30 and a physician referral may qualify. Receive up to 22 visits covered 100 percent by Medicare and some insurance plans. Check with your provider.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) Screening and High-Intensity Behavioral Counseling (HIBC) to prevent STIs
- Tobacco-Use Cessation Counseling
Medicare.gov provides a “Preventive Screening Checklist” for patients to use the checklist to track their preventive services. Click here to download the Preventive Screening Checklist.