Centegra Health System offers a Pulmonary Rehabilitation program for patients living with respiratory/lung conditions.
The Centegra Pulmonary Rehabilitation team helps you recover from or live with lung disease. Our knowledgeable Associates teach you ways to improve your respiratory health so you can enjoy your favorite activities. To enter Pulmonary Rehabilitation, you must be referred by a physician. Some tests may be required to set a baseline for your current lung health.
Phase I-Evaluation and Orientation
Phase II-Outpatient Program
During Phase II, our clinicians closely monitor your heart rate, heart rhythm, oxygen saturation levels, and blood pressure. We send reports to your physician to be sure he or she can track your progress. You will also receive education about nutrition and healthy behaviors. Formal education classes are provided and individual nutrition and behavior counseling are also available.
Most insurance companies reimburse for this program. Coverage is based on your individual plan. Please contact your insurance company to obtain approval and clarify your responsibility (if any) for payments.
Phase III-Maintenance Program
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Reduced respiratory symptoms
- Managed anxiety and depression caused by chronic lung problems
- Increased exercise performance
- Improved ability to carry out activities of daily life
- Improved quality of life
- Reduced hospitalizations
Enrollment into Pulmonary Rehabilitation
To enroll, contact Pulmonary Rehabilitation at 815-334-5566.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Centegra Hospital-McHenry is located in Suite B104 in the Medical Office Building adjacent to the hospital.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock is located in the Ambulatory Care Center.
Centegra’s cardiac rehabilitation programs are located in the same areas as pulmonary rehabilitation.
Centegra WellBridge Program
Integrated into the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is the Centegra WellBridge program. This is a wellness membership that promotes community health by providing patients who have completed Phase II or Phase III with a supervised exercise area at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers at a very low cost. Participants in this program will exercise independently under the supervision of the Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center team.
- A 60-day membership for the participant and a support person
- Access to two convenient locations in Crystal Lake and Huntley
- More than 200 FREE group fitness classes a week
- Indoor lap and warm water therapy pools and outdoor pool access
- FREE WellBridge fitness classes
- Discounted enrollment should you decide to join Centegra Health Bridge after WellBridge
A regular, structured exercise program promotes a healthier and more active lifestyle. At Centegra exercise can be enjoyed under safe conditions with our highly qualified staff available to guide you.