Leading Cardiovascular Services in McHenry County
Centegra Health System has built a nationally recognized heart program in McHenry County that is comparable in quality to heart programs at academic medical institutions. With the array of heart services – from pacemakers to interventional cardiology procedures to open heart surgery – offered at Centegra, you don’t have to travel for exceptional cardiovascular care.
Centegra Heart & Vascular Services offer:
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers that meet aggressive standards for providing timely care in the case of a heart attack.
- Centegra Hospital-McHenry received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry–GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s success at providing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients.
- The Centegra Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center provides a comprehensive range of heart and lung treatments and procedures. The Centegra Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center gives patients access to heart and lung care, from prevention to the most severe cases. The center offers preventive, diagnostic and interventional services through three services located at Centegra Hospital-McHenry:
- Centegra Physician Care cardiologists – diagnostic and interventional cardiology; also located in Woodstock, Huntley and Crystal Lake
- Cardiac Surgery Associates, S.C. – cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
- Thomas J. Hinkamp, MD, cardiovascular & thoracic surgeon
- Loyola University Medical Center – heart failure clinic
- Max J. Liebo, MD, advanced heart failure and transplant surgeon
- Centegra Hospital-McHenry has achieved four consecutive “3 Star Ratings” from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for the quality of coronary bypass surgery. Just 12-15% of hospitals across the country receive the 3 Star rating, which is the highest rating awarded.
- Two accredited Stroke Centers that follow the latest guidelines to treat people suffering from strokes.
- The stroke programs at both Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock are both certified through The Joint Commission, the accrediting and certification organization for hospitals.
- Centegra offers patients access to TeleStroke services through the Rush University Medical Center TeleStroke Network.
- Centegra cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons are both board-certified and fellowship trained. Centegra also has many heart and vascular specialty physicians and providers on the medical staff including electrophysiologists, diagnostic and interventional cardiologists and heart failure specialists.
- Centegra offers pre- and post-cardiovascular care through a variety of screening and wellness programs, cardiac rehabilitation and many wellness and nutrition services.
Call 911 immediately if you or someone you know may be experiencing signs or symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
Convenient Locations for Cardiovascular Care
Centegra Heart and Vascular Services are conveniently located in Crystal Lake, Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock.
Centegra Physician Care- Cardiology, Crystal Lake
Centegra Physician Care-Cardiology, Huntley
Centegra Hospital-McHenry Heart Center, McHenry
Centegra Physician Care-Cardiology, McHenry
Centegra Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, McHenry
Centegra Cardiovascular & Thoracic Center, McHenry
Centegra Hospital-Woodstock Heart Center, Woodstock
Centegra Physician Care-Cardiology, Woodstock
Centegra Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Woodstock