Since 1986, Centegra’s nationally certified Cardiac Rehabilitation program has been helping patients heal from cardiac incidences through our medically integrated three-phase approach.
Centegra’s program offers a positive, progressive approach to optimum recovery in a safe, monitored environment. The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation has recognized Centegra Health System’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program for its commitment to improving quality of life by enhancing standards of care.
Phase II-Early Outpatient Program
During this phase of the program, most insurance will cover a consultation with a registered dietitian and/or behavior health specialist. Please ask a member of the cardiac team for more information.
Most insurance companies reimburse for this program. Coverage is based on your individual plan. Please contact your insurance company to obtain approval and clarify your responsibility (if any) for payments.
Phase III-Maintenance Program
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Improved heart rate and blood pressure readings
- Decreased body fat
- Improved circulation and overall muscle tone
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased work capacity (the body uses oxygen more efficiently, thus decreasing the workload on the heart)
- Reduced risk of future heart problems
Enrollment into Cardiac Rehabilitation
To enroll, contact Cardiac Rehabilitation at 815-334-3990.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Centegra Hospital-McHenry is located in Suite B104 in the Medical Office Building adjacent to the hospital.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock is located in the Ambulatory Care Center.
Centegra’s pulmonary rehabilitation programs are located in the same areas as cardiac rehabilitation.
Centegra WellBridge Program
Integrated into the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is the Centegra WellBridge program. This is a wellness membership that promotes community health by providing patients who have completed Phase II or Phase III with a supervised exercise area at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Centers at a very low cost. Participants in this program will exercise independently under the supervision of the Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center team.
- A 60-day membership for the participant and a support person
- Access to two convenient locations in Crystal Lake and Huntley
- More than 200 FREE group fitness classes a week
- Indoor lap and warm water therapy pools and outdoor pool access
- FREE WellBridge fitness classes
- Discounted enrollment should you decide to join Centegra Health Bridge after WellBridge
A regular, structured exercise program promotes a healthier and more active lifestyle. At Centegra exercise can be enjoyed under safe conditions with our highly qualified staff available to guide you.