Leading-Edge Cardiovascular Services in McHenry County
You don’t always have time to make decisions about cardiac and vascular services—cardiovascular disease often appears with little warning, challenging your emotions and testing your courage. To make your diagnostic and treatment decisions easier, Centegra Health System has built a strong array of cardiovascular health services that can help protect your heart and the hearts you love.
Built on nearly a century of patient care and rooted in a broad spectrum of cardiovascular diagnostic and rehabilitative services since the 1980s, Centegra Health System brings advanced cardiovascular procedures and technology to the McHenry County community. With options located in McHenry and Woodstock, you don’t have to travel far from home for care. Centegra Physician Care cardiologists and independent board-certified physicians offer both interventional and open-heart procedures.
Centegra Heart and Vascular Services offer:
- Two accredited Chest Pain Centers that reduce the time it takes to receive treatment in the critical early stages of a heart attack
- Two accredited Stroke Centers that incorporate the latest guidelines to treat people suffering from strokes
- Precise medical technology and equipment that delivers exceptional cardiac diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Decades of experience by leading cardiac, thoracic, and vascular specialty physicians and surgeons
- A variety of screenings and wellness programs to prevent the onset and recurrence of heart disease
Call 911 immediately if you or someone you know may be experiencing signs or symptoms of a heart attack or stroke.
A Team of Cardiac, Thoracic, and Vascular Specialists
The Centegra Heart and Vascular team consists of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons, specialty anesthesia providers, highly experienced nurses, and operating room technicians.
Since 2006, Centegra has partnered with Cardiac Surgery Associates (CSA), a leader in comprehensive cardiothoracic surgery. Established in 1982, CSA is the largest heart surgery physician group in Illinois. Each year, CSA surgeons perform more than 7,000 procedures, including 3,600 open-heart surgeries. That’s more than any other practice in Illinois.
All Cardiac Surgery Associates physicians are board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. CSA team members include experts in aortic surgery, researchers in all facets of cardiothoracic disorders and medical university professors. CSA’s advanced cardiac care procedures include:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG or heart bypass surgery)
- Valve replacement and repair
- Vascular surgery to help those with aneurysms
- Congenital cardiac repair
The partnership between CSA and Centegra offers patients in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin state-of-the art techniques using the greatest advances in technology available today.
Centegra Physician Care (CPC) doctors offer a wide range of interventional, non-interventional, and diagnostic cardiac services at clinics in McHenry, Woodstock, and Crystal Lake. CPC doctors specialize in treating:
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart disease prevention
- Irregular heart rate (arrhythmia)
- Valve disease
Convenient Locations for Cardiovascular Care
Centegra Heart and Vascular Services are conveniently located in Crystal Lake, McHenry, and Woodstock.