Whether someone is 40, 50, 60 or older, a screening to check the risk of stroke with a 30-minute exam is one smart move. Learn about the risks for heart disease or a stroke with a vascular screening available on the Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit.
The mobile health unit helps to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education, while building awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on these tests:
- Ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements to detect blockage risk and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation
- Risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Body Mass Index, pulse and blood pressure numbers
All results are completely confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within one week so he or she can easily share the information with a physician.Upcoming dates and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 7, Woodstock Recreation Center
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 15, Centegra Primary Care-Algonquin
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 21, Centegra Primary Care-Huntley
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 28, Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, June 30, Centegra Hospital-McHenry
Make a smart move and find out about the risks. Cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347). This screening is part of Centegra’s add-a-pearl program where women can receive a pearl for participating in select health and wellness programs.