The Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit offers a comprehensive vascular screening package to check the risk of stroke and heart disease.
The mobile health unit has technicians and equipment that help to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education, while building awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on the following tests:
- Ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements to detect blockage risk and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation
- Risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Body Mass Index, pulse and blood pressure numbers
All results are completely confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within one week so he or she can easily share the information with a physician.Upcoming dates and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, June 11 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, June 14 at Centegra Physician Care-Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, June 18 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley, 10450 Algonquin Road
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday, June 25 at Centegra Hospital-McHenry, 4201 Medical Center Drive
- Make a smart move and find out about the risk for heart disease. Cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347).