Learn about the risks for heart disease or a stroke with a vascular screening available on the Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit. The mobile health unit has technicians and equipment that help to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education, while building awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on the following tests:
- Ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements to detect blockage risk and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation
- Risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Body Mass Index, pulse and blood pressure numbers
All results are completely confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within one week so he or she can easily share the information with a physician.Upcoming dates and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 7 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9 at Centegra Physician Care-Crystal Lake
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 21 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23 at Holiday Inn Crystal Lake
Make a smart move and find out about your risk for heart disease. Cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347).
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of greater McHenry County and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in McHenry and Woodstock, Immediate and Physician Care Centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, Health Bridge Fitness Centers and the widely anticipated Centegra Hospital–Huntley slated for opening in 2016.
As the region’s leading healthcare provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of nearly 4,000 medical professionals, to meet the needs of the growing McHenry County community. For more information on Centegra Health System, find us on Facebook and Twitter or call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).