Find out if you are at risk for a stroke or heart disease with a vascular screening available on the Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit.
The mobile health unit not only helps to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages but it also promotes education and builds awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides you immediate preliminary results on these tests:
- Ultrasound images of your carotid artery to detect plaque buildup
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements to detect blockage risk and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation
- Risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Body Mass Index, pulse and blood pressure numbers
All results are completely confidential and follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to your home within one week so you can easily share the information with your physician.
Upcoming dates and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec 1, Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center – Crystal Lake
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec 2, Centegra Primary Care – Algonquin
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday, Dec 13, Centegra Primary Care – Huntley
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Dec 16, American Community Bank – Crystal Lake
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday, Dec 20, KNAACK L.L.C. – Crystal Lake
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan 6, Centegra Primary Care – Spring Grove
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan 11, Centegra Primary Care – McHenry
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan 18, American Community Bank – McHenry
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan 20, Senior Services Associates, Inc. – Crystal Lake
Make a smart move and find out your risk. Cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347).