n order to meet the needs of the community regarding access to H1N1 immunizations and influenza treatment, Centegra Primary Care (CPC) is offering two new services; H1N1 immunization clinics at all four major CPC sites and dedicated walk-in flu treatment clinics in Woodstock and McHenry.
All H1N1 vaccinations are being distributed to providers in our county by the Illinois State Department of Health. As the largest healthcare provider in the county, we have been working very closely with McHenry County Department of Health and other major providers over the last several months on ordering vaccinations and the plan of delivery to our Associates, our patients and the community.
We will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Department of Health guidelines for distribution of the vaccinations outlined below.
Groups recommended to receive 2009 H1N1 vaccine first are (priority group):
- Pregnant Women
- People who live with or care for infants younger than 6 months of age
- Healthcare and emergency medical personnel
- Anyone from 6 months through 24 years of age
- Anyone from 25 through 64 years of age with certain chronic medical conditions or weakened immune system
As more vaccine becomes available, these groups should also be vaccinated:
- Healthy 25 through 64 year olds
- Adults 65 years and older
H1N1 Immunization Clinics
- Beginning Thursday, Oct. 29 and continuing for an indefinite period based on supply, H1N1 Immunization Clinics will be offered at all four major CPC sites from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon every Saturday.
- These sites are in Huntley, Woodstock, Crystal Lake and McHenry.
- These clinics will be open to the public dependent upon adequate supply of vaccine from the federal authorities.
- Please check here for the latest information regarding vaccine supply and therefore ability of the clinics to operate on a given day. The website will be updated as needed.
- The H1N1 Clinics will follow CDC guidelines regarding who should receive vaccine by priority.
- There is no charge for the actual vaccine but there is a $15 fee to administer the immunization. These clinics will bill Medicare and Medicaid for the administration fee. All others will be expected to pay $15 at the time of service.
Flu Treatment Options
- Flu Treatment Clinics will begin Monday, Nov. 2. Hours of operation will be 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Woodstock Flu Treatment Clinic will be located on the campus of Centegra Hospital Woodstock in Suite A of Medical Office Building 2.
- The McHenry Flu Treatment Clinic will be located on the campus of Centegra Hospital McHenry in Suite B-205 of the Medical Office Building.
- Evaluation and treatment of flu-like illnesses is available at all Centegra Primary Care offices. Call 815-338-6600 for scheduling information.
- Evaluation and treatment of flu-like illnesses is available on a walk-in basis at both locations of Centegra Immediate Care in Huntley and Crystal Lake. These locations are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Centegra Health System also will be offering H1N1 vaccinations to the community through our worksite wellness program as supplies become available.
With regard to our school outreach strategy, we are partnering with the 18 school districts in McHenry County to offer vaccinations for students. The schools have been very receptive and dates and times are being scheduled based upon available supplies.
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of greater McHenry County and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in McHenry and Woodstock, Immediate and Primary Care centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, Health Bridge Fitness Centers and more. As the region’s leading healthcare provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of nearly 4,000 medical professionals, to meet the needs of the growing McHenry County community.