The Centegra Wellness on the Move mobile health unit offers a comprehensive vascular screening package to check your risk of stroke and heart disease.The mobile health unit has technicians and equipment that help to screen and diagnose health problems at many stages and promotes education, while building awareness and responsibility for one’s own health.
Centegra’s vascular screening program provides immediate preliminary results on the following tests:
- Ultrasound images of the carotid artery to detect plaque buildup
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) measurements to detect blockage risk and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Heart rhythm EKG readout to detect atrial fibrillation
- Risk level for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Body Mass Index, pulse and blood pressure numbers
All results are completely confidential. Follow-up reports completed by a Centegra Health System radiologist are mailed to the patient within one week so he or she can easily share the information with a physician.Upcoming dates and locations:”
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 8 at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Crystal Lake, 200 Congress Parkway
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 15 at Centegra Physician Care-Huntley, 10350 Haligus Road
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 22 at Centegra Physician Care-Woodstock, 3707 Doty Road
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 24 at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, 3701 Doty Road
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 31 at Centegra Physician Care-Crystal Lake, 360 Station Drive
Make a smart move and find out about your risk for heart disease. Cost is $129 for all tests. For a screening appointment, call 877-CENTEGRA (236-8347).