Centegra Health System will host its fourth annual Centegra Family Health Fest from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 21 at the Centegra Health Campus in Huntley. The event will offer families a destination wellness-themed day filled with free activities, swimming, fitness and fun. After the event, guests may participate in an open swim in the outdoor pool at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center-Huntley from 1 to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
The event is loaded with activities, opportunities and fun for the entire family:
- The day includes a free healthy lunch, rock climbing wall, teddy bear clinic, Centegra dieticians and a “How much sugar?” game, an operation game with McHenry County Orthopedic surgeons, Chicago Wolves Hockey Mascot “Skates” and family-friendly entertainment and music provided by Dave Rudolf.
- The first 400 children 16 and under will receive a free bike helmet, fitted personally by Centegra associates on-site. All helmet sizes will be available; however, once specific sizes are gone, Centegra will not distribute a helmet unless it is the right size for the child. Each family to attend will also receive a free backpack.
- In addition, each family in attendance will be entered into a raffle to win a Disney vacation donated by Huntley Travel. Some restrictions will apply.
- The Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center will have a special two-for-the-price-of-one enrollment for the day of the event only. Attendees can participate in various activities provided by the fitness center, such as quick start tennis, a vertical jump challenge and an obstacle course.
- School sport physicals will be offered for the reduced-price of $25 and preregistration is required. Echocardiogram (ECHO) heart screenings also will be offered by appointment for $85. To preregister for one or both, call 815-338-6600.
- Dr. Randy David will perform scoliosis screenings onsite at the event. He is a chiropractor with Centegra Physician Care and the recently opened Centegra Back and Spine Center on the Huntley campus.
- As a special bonus this year, there will be a special booth dedicated to woman. Each woman who stops by the booth can enter to win a pair of pearl earrings and will be given a genuine cultured fresh water pearl.
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of greater McHenry County and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in McHenry and Woodstock, Immediate and Physician Care Centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, Health Bridge Fitness Centers and the widely anticipated Centegra Hospital–Huntley slated for opening in 2016.
As the region’s leading healthcare provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of nearly 4,000 medical professionals, to meet the needs of the growing McHenry County community. For more information on Centegra Health System, find us on Facebook and Twitter or call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).