Centegra Health System has chosen to implement Paragon Hospital Electronic Medical Records. We are committed to learning how to use this new method of documenting and managing patient information so that we can continue to provide our community with the highest quality of care.
Accessible training for medical professionals is now available here.
What is an EMR and why do we need to adopt one?
An electronic medical record (EMR) is a powerful, yet flexible way to manage a patient’s chart. An EMR automates clinical, administrative and financial workflows. With an EMR, we can electronically record clinical and demographic data, enter and manage orders including medications and prescriptions, and view laboratory, testing and imaging results.
Perhaps most importantly, adopting an EMR supports consistent clinical decision-making by automatically tracking drug interactions, allergies and contraindications and alerting users to evidence-based medicine protocols. Adopting an EMR will not only enhance the quality of patient care and safety, but also optimize our organization’s operations.
What are the benefits of an EMR?
- Provides physicians and other caregivers access to patient records anytime, anywhere
- Enhances patient safety through automated Clinical Decision Support (CDS) and Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE)
- Enhances clinical documentation and improves coordination of care
- Replaces paper charts and reduces storage costs
- Increases our ability to assess quality initiatives and reporting
- Improves productivity through task automation
- Decreases charge capture rework and streamlines payment processingk
- Improves compliance with clinical reporting guidelines
How can we ensure successful adoption of our EMR?
Keep in mind that once we flip the switch on our new technology on May 6, we will face a learning curve before we become proficient in its use. It is important that Centegra Associates view this as an opportunity to improve our organization and the value we provide. It’s also important that patients be tolerant with us during our transition.
Read a patient’s success story and learn how EMR will impact you
Peggy Rubeck believes this is an amazing service for all patients who receive care from Centegra Health System. Read her complete story here: