Makes 4 servings
- 1 lb. asparagus spears
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T of minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F or fire up the grill to high
- Break off tough bottoms of asparagus stalks. There are lots of antioxidants in the meaty stalks, so only remove the tough base.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a baking dish or bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and sprinkle on the garlic. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Roast asparagus in an oven-safe dish or on aluminum foil on the grill for 10 to 20 minutes until crisp tender.
- Once cooked to desired crispness, pour remaining olive oil and garlic over asparagus and serve.