The experienced professionals at Centegra Health System make it simple to request copies of your medical records. It takes just a few steps to put your healthcare information into your hands.
At both Centegra Hospital-McHenry and Centegra Hospital-Woodstock, the Medical Records department is located near the Emergency Department (enter at the Main Entrance). Our hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
To receive your records:
- Request your records from the hospital where you received medical care. To request records, follow one of the following steps.
- We will call you back to inform you about the costs associated with copying your records.
- Go to the Medical Records office where you received medical care to sign an authorization form.
- Show photo identification.
- Provide proof of authorization if you are picking up medical records for your spouse or child younger than 18. The proof must be in writing, and give you permission to get records for specific dates of service.
- Know what information you need. In most cases, you may not need a copy of your entire medical record. Instead, we are happy to provide an abstract of your care that includes all dictated physician reports such as lab, cardiology, medical imaging and pathology. Please also provide the dates when you received services.
Costs to Copy Your Medical Records
The base fee to copy your records is $23.80. Costs per page and postage costs are additional.
Number of Pages/Cost Per Page:
- 1 to 25: $0.89
- 26 to 50: $0.59
- 51 and more: $0.30
- Records on microfilm: $1.49
- Records on microfiche: $1.49
- Scanned records: $1.49
Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards
- Centegra Health System often receives requests for birth certificates and social security cards. Local government offices provide both of these records.
- It may take many months after your baby’s birth for his or her Social Security card to arrive. For more information about Social Security Cards, contact your local Social Security office.
- For information about birth certificates, contact the County Clerk’s office at the Woodstock Courthouse: (815) 334-4242.