Centegra Health System’s Respiratory Care Department cares for patients of all ages who have cardiopulmonary illnesses and diseases. Our highly skilled staff provides evaluation, treatment and management education to people who need breathing assistance.
Our compassionate Associates provide inpatient and outpatient care to people with all types of lung conditions. Some of these disorders may be sudden and severe, and others may be long-term conditions that require medical supervision. We help you breathe easier by tailoring your care to your personal needs.
The Respiratory Care Department is available 24 hours a day to care for our patients. We also treat post-surgical patients of a thoracic and cardiovascular nature and are intimately involved with the ventilatory support of patients. We treat many illnesses that include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung cancer
- Heart disease
Your physician may order Pulmonary Diagnostic Tests to evaluate your lung function. Our staff performs these tests to help your physician diagnose or treat your lung condition.
- Arterial Blood Gas Analysis (ABG)
- Basic Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)
- Basic Pulmonary Function Test with bronchodilator
- Complete Pulmonary Function Test (includes lung volumes and diffusion study)
- Complete Pulmonary Function Test with bronchodilator
- Methacholine Challenge Test (bronchial provocation)
- Emergency airway care
- Invasive mechanical ventilation
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Lung expansion therapy
- Pharmacological nebulization therapy
- Oxygen administration
- Humidity therapy
- Chest physical therapy
- Bronchial hygiene therapy
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Blood gas analysis
- Non-invasive oxygen analysis
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The Centegra Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is offered to individuals living with respiratory/lung conditions such as emphysema, COPD, bronchitis and other pulmonary conditions. This two-phase program helps establish realistic and positive options for living with a pulmonary condition. Our caring Associates help lung patients improve their quality of life by educating them about their physical and emotional needs.