Family and Caregiver Involvement
Family and caregiver involvement is critical to the recovery of the patient. Support networks help families and caregivers ask questions and learn how to care for the the family member outside of the Centegra facility.
Length of Stay
Length of stay is determined after the team completes an evaluation and treatment plan. Length of stay depends on the following factors:
- Ability to participate in therapy
- Potential to make significant improvement
- A support system in place upon discharge
Centegra’s team of professionals wants to provide the best possible transition for patients and their families after discharge. Patients and families should:
- Prepare for discharge when patient is admitted
- Anticipate changes to patient’s home and work pattern
- Identify support for after care, which includes changing the home environment, daily care and help with housekeeping
- Be prepared to make alternative arrangements in the event that the patient does not regain complete independence.
Inpatient Rehabilitation Care Center
Centegra Hospital – McHenry (6th Floor)
4301 Medical Center Drive