Learn About Healthy Eating
Centegra Health System offers a unique benefit for all members of Cardiac Rehabilitation, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and the Heart Failure Clinic. A free one-on-one nutrition counseling appointment with a registered dietitian helps you get on track to healthier eating. Nutrition-focused group classes are offered once a quarter.
What you’ll learn
- What foods to consume while following a heart-healthy diet
- What is cholesterol and what does each lipid value mean
- The difference between saturated, trans, and unsaturated fats
- How to modify recipes to make them more healthful
- What foods contain high amounts of sodium
- What foods to select while dining out
- Any other nutrition-related information, as deemed appropriate
Nutrition services are available by appointment at Centegra Hospital – McHenry and Centegra Hospital – Woodstock.
Please contact our Registered Dietitian at (815) 759.4135 if you have any questions about heart-healthy nutrition or any other nutrition service throughout Centegra Health System.