Centegra Health System’s Department of Nursing supports our nurses as they take a relationship-based approach to care.This care relies on three types of relationships:
- The care provider’s relationship with patients and families
- The care provider’s relationship with herself or himself
- The care provider’s relationships with colleagues
Nursing Department Core Beliefs
- We believe that patients and their families are the primary foundation of our practice and are committed to Serving with Genuine Respect, Passionate Caring and a Joyful Spirit.
- We believe that every patient has human dignity and is worthy of our respect. We are committed to serving all patients equally, regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religion, race, disability, lifestyle, diagnosis or socioeconomic status.
- We believe the highest quality of patient care is best achieved by interdisciplinary teamwork. Collaboration among all health team members facilitates the achievement of continuity of care and positive outcomes and is our cornerstone for excellence.
Commitment to Continuous Improvement
The nursing Associates are actively engaged in the quality improvement process and evidence-based nursing practice. We foster professional growth and career advancement for nursing Associates through active participation in professional and educational activities.We promote the health of our community through active participation in health-related events and the role modeling of health.The clinical nursing teams have responsibility, authority and accountability for providing outstanding patient care and achieving the best patient outcomes. We strive for excellence in all we do.