At Centegra Health System, we understand you don’t want a long wait when you need an X-ray. Our Immediate Care, Emergency Department and other Medical Imaging locations are here for you.
We provide patients with X-ray imaging services that deliver quick results. Our caring Associates are highly trained and keep you informed during your treatment. X-rays, which are still the most widely used medical imaging tool, diagnose a broad range of injuries and symptoms.
- Bone fractures
- Bumps and bruises
- Pains in the abdomen, chest, head or back
Saturday appointments are available for Fluroscopy tests!
To schedule an appointment at any facility, call (815) 334.5566.
A variation of an X-ray, Fluoroscopy studies moving body structures. The process passes a continuous X-ray beam through the examined body part and transmits the image to a TV-like monitor.
How does Fluoroscopy differ from a normal X-ray?
- Images are in real time. For example, physicians are able to see how a joint moves when it is actually moving.
- Fluoroscopy may be used with CT and MRI procedures.
- A contrast may be injected into the spine or joint.
- The test may include X-ray guided needle treatments.
What to expect during your X-ray or Fluoroscopy
At Centegra, we are committed to patient satisfaction. Part of excellent service lies in our ability to thoroughly prepare you for your test. During your visit to X-ray imaging, you will be:
- Greeted by a technologist who will take you to your examination room
- Educated about your test by our caring Associates
- Supported throughout your procedure by our compassionate staff
After your X-ray, the images will be delivered to our board-certified radiologists. These physicians give thorough diagnoses quickly so you or your physician receive results typically on the same or next day. Walk-ins are welcome in X-ray, so feel free to stop by during our office hours.
Centegra Health System offers X-ray imaging at several locations throughout McHenry County.
- Centegra Hospitals located in McHenry and Woodstock
- Outpatient centers located at Centegra Health Center – Huntley, Crystal Lake Medical Arts and Centegra Crystal Lake Imaging Center
Frequently Asked Questions
How quickly are results available?
Results are typically available either the same day or the day after the X-ray. If your physician specifically orders a “stat reading,” images go to the head of the line and a radiologist reads and prepares a report for your doctor as quickly as possible.
Are X-rays dangerous?
X-rays have been in use for more than 80 years and are very safe if proper precautions are followed. While all medical imaging includes some risk, the dosage used on X-ray patients is far lower than comparative imaging tests.