Achieve a healthy lifestyle
Once you or a loved one are diagnosed with diabetes, it is important to take the necessary steps to achieve a healthy lifestyle. At Centegra we provide consultations with registered dietitians and aneducation program that helps you understand the changes you need to make to reach your goals. We understand this may be an overwhelming process, but with the help of our caring Associates, you will find a treatment plan that works for you.
What to expect after diagnosis
- You will have an individual consultation with one of our two registered dietitians who will help you understand the education process. We encourage you to bring a spouse, close friend or relative because cooking information is given during this session.
- You’ll be enrolled in three, three-hour classes that start at the beginning of each month.
- Two months after your classes are over, the diabetes self-management training requires you to come back for an individual follow-up.
- If you complete all three classes, you are awarded a free, one-month membership to Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center.
- Ongoing support groups continue after the classes are over. The support groups are safe places where diabetes patients can discuss their experiences while offering support and advice for others in similar situations.