What is Infusion Therapy?
Infusion therapy typically involves the administration of a medication through a needle or a catheter. The treatment is most frequently used for people with cancer and blood disorders but can also be used to dispense antibiotics and other drugs.
Services Available at Centegra Sage Cancer Center
Patients who receive chemotherapy, biotherapy and other cancer- or blood-related infusion therapies at the Centegra Sage Cancer Center Infusion Clinic benefit from:
- Treatment that is administered by oncology certified nurses, who have been specially trained to give chemotherapy and biotherapy
- Learning opportunities for patients relating to their treatment
- Side effect and symptom management for:
- Blood and platelets transfusions
- Infusions of fluids when a patient is dehydrated
- Intravenous iron infusions to treat iron deficiencies
- Hormone injections to treat certain cancers
- Biophosphates that help slow the activity that occurs with bone metastases
- Injections of growth factors to maintain blood counts
- Blood draws
- Help with central line catheter care, when needed
Your doctor must fax a signed order, listed below, along with a current history and physical form.