Prevent Blood Clots
The Centegra Anticoagulation Management Service (CAMS) is an outpatient clinic devoted to the care and management of patients taking oral anticoagulation medication, namely warfarin or the name brand Coumadin. This clinic provides a systematic and convenient approach to the monitoring of patients on anticoagulation therapy and teaches safe and healthy choices in conjunction with this medication.The CAMS clinic may be beneficial to you if you have been prescribed warfarin for any one of a variety of diagnoses including:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Deep venous thromboembolism (DVT)
- Pulmonary embolism (PE)
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Heart Attack (myocardial infarction)
- Prosthetic or mechanical heart valve replacement
- Hip or knee replacement
The CAMS team, comprised of pharmacists with education and experience in the management of oral anticoagulation, works to help each patient be an active participant in his or her healthcare. Our pharmacists also work with your physicians and family to develop recommendations and education about your anticoagulant medication and ongoing health.
How It Works
Talk to your physician about this dosage management assistance, as a physician referral is required.
- Call (815) 759.4744 to make an appointment at one of our four clinic sites:
- During each appointment, the CAMS team reviews all medications, dietary habits and restrictions and addresses any signs and symptoms of possible negative effects of the anticoagulation therapy.
- The pharmacist uses a simple finger stick to obtain a single drop of blood to assess the patient’s response to warfarin.
- Immediate test results allow the pharmacist to modify the warfarin dose, if necessary.
- On the day of the appointment, a complete visit report is forwarded to the referring physician.
The clinic replaces frequent lab visits for venous draws, long waiting times for test results to be forwarded to your physician and possible delays in implementing needed dosage changes, which may take 24 to 48 hours.Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance will pay for all or part of the charges in most cases. For your convenience, Centegra will provide direct billing to Medicare/Medicaid and private insurance plans.
Patients are seen by appointment only. Call (815) 759.4744 for more information and to make an appointment.
Centegra Hospital – McHenry
Fax: (815) 759.4746
Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Centegra Hospital – Woodstock
Fax: (815) 334.3832
Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday and Thursday, 7 am to 3:30 pm
Centegra Anticoagulation Management – Huntley
A Division of Centegra Hospital – Woodstock
Fax: (815) 759.4746
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday and Friday – CLOSED
Crystal Lake Medical Arts
A Division of Centegra Hospital – McHenry
Monday & Thursday by appointment only