The Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center support group will conduct a semi-annual gently used clothing sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17 in the classrooms at Centegra Hospital-McHenry.
Support group members get rid of the wardrobe they have under grown during their weight loss journey and may freshen it up with pieces that fit them now. The sale is open to the public and all items are $1 each.
The Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center support group is the heart of the program. The group meets twice a month and includes patients in all phases of the weight loss surgery experience. A registered nurse facilitates the group. The main mission is to assist, inspire, educate and support the patients before, during and after weight loss surgery. Ongoing support is an important component to long-term success. Through the support group, members may:
- Learn about other patient’s day-to-day successes and struggles and share their own
- Hear guest physicians, registered nurses, dietitians, counselors and trainers who provide valuable education from nutrition and exercise to maintaining a positive attitude
- Celebrate successes with those who have experienced the journey
- Participate in an optional one mile to 5K walk in the spring
- Enjoy social events including a summer picnic, Halloween party and holiday party
About the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center
Located in the Centegra Health Center–Huntley, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to significant weight loss for individuals when all other attempts at weight loss have failed. This is a comprehensive approach to the whole person that combines surgery with behavior-based counseling, exercise and nutritional counseling to achieve the most effective results possible. Following surgery, patients are encouraged to participate in a support group that further encourages them as they stick to the program and achieve weight-loss goals. The group has its own Facebook Support Group page as well.
The comprehensive weight-loss surgery program includes the following:
- Free informational sessions
- Consultation with Dr. Amir Heydari
- Pre-operative classes and testing
- Meetings with a dietitian, psychotherapist and an exercise physiologist
- Several minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedure options
- Post-operative massage by a masseuse-trained nurse
- Post-operative appointments with Heydari
- Free two-month membership for patients and a support person at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center
- Lifelong support system that monitors long-term health status and weight-loss success
Centegra’s minimally invasive surgery procedures performed at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LapBand and Realize Band)
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Surgical revisions
Additional program recognitions include the following:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield has designated Centegra Hospital-Woodstock as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery.
- The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recognizes Centegra Health System, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center and Heydari as a nationally designated Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- Based on measure of clinical performance, access and efficiency for bariatric surgery, Centegra Hospital–Woodstock has been named an Aetna Institute of Quality in Bariatric Surgery.
Centegra Health System is committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents of greater McHenry County and to making services available in multiple and convenient locations, including hospitals in McHenry and Woodstock, Immediate and Physician Care Centers, Centegra Sage Cancer Center, Health Bridge Fitness Centers and more. As the region’s leading healthcare provider, Centegra Health System continues to bring the latest treatments and technology, along with the skills of nearly 4,000 medical professionals, to meet the needs of the growing McHenry County community. For more information on Centegra Health System visit Facebook and Twitter or call 877-CENTEGRA (877-236-8347).