Centegra Hospital-Woodstock has been recertified as a member of the Optum Health Center of Excellence Network in the area of bariatric services for meeting or exceeding performance standards and quality guidelines.
The Optum Centers of Excellence Network is comprised of medical programs that have met or exceeded exacting clinical and program criteria in areas of complex medical care. Optum is leading information and technology-enabled health services dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. Since 1986, Optum Health has been identifying complex medical conditions for which there is quantifiable variance among treatment providers. These services are developed to support safe, successful and cost-effective care and treatment of patients with these conditions through its Centers of Excellence Network.
Optum uses evaluation criteria developed by its clinical sciences institute to select medical centers eligible to participate in the network. Upon receipt of completed evaluation, the institute conducts a detailed analysis of the program’s responses to both clinical and administrative components and compares the responses to evaluation criteria.
About the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center
Located in the Centegra Health Center–Huntley, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center offers a multidisciplinary approach to significant weight loss for individuals when all other attempts at weight loss have failed. This is a comprehensive approach to the whole person that combines surgery with behavior-based counseling, exercise and nutritional counseling to achieve the most effective results possible. Following surgery, patients are encouraged to participate in a support group that further encourages them as they stick to the program and achieve weight-loss goals. The comprehensive program includes the following:
- Free informational sessions
- Consultation with Dr. Amir Heydari
- Pre-operative classes & testing
- Meetings with a dietitian, psychotherapist and an exercise physiologist
- Several minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedure options
- Post-operative massage by a masseuse-trained nurse
- Post-operative appointments with Heydari
- Free two-month membership for patients and a support person at Centegra Health Bridge Fitness Center
- Ongoing support group meetings twice per month facilitated by a registered nurse featuring educational programs by physicians, counselors, nurses, dietitians and trainers.
- Facebook Support Group page
- Clothing sales for when patients need to sell the clothes they have under grown
- Social Events: summer picnic, Halloween party and Holiday party
- Continuing contact with the program nurses and dietitians
- Lifelong support system that monitors long-term health status and weight-loss success
Centegra’s minimally invasive surgery procedures performed at Centegra Hospital-Woodstock include:
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LapBand and Realize Band)
- Laparoscopic gastric sleeve
- Surgical revisions
Additional program recognitions include the following:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield has designated Centegra Hospital-Woodstock as a Blue Distinction Center for Bariatric Surgery.
- The American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recognize Centegra Health System, the Centegra Weight-Loss Surgery Center and Heydari as a nationally designated Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- Based on measure of clinical performance, access and efficiency for bariatric surgery, Centegra Hospital–Woodstock has been named an Aetna Institute of Quality in Bariatric Surgery.